Learn to swim, improve your strokes, or join your young child in the pool for age-appropriate lessons.
Although Milestone is primarily an adult facility, children are welcome in our parent-and-child classes, as well as on our popular Friday family swim nights.
All swim lessons are taught by a Certified Red Cross Water Safety Instructor.
Children’s Swimming Lessons
- Children ages 4+ years
- Call for next session start date
- Mondays through Thursdays
- $70 members / $80 non-members
Classes are Red Cross certified. Make a splash this summer! The objective of this program is to teach swimmers how to swim and be safe in, on and around the water. The program is made up of various skill levels.
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Level I, 5:30 – 6 pm
- Level II, 6 – 6:30 pm
Can put face in water for at least 3-5 seconds and can open eyes under water.
- Level III, 6:30 – 7 pm
Can swim 5 yards on front and back and treat water.
Each child must be pre-registered prior to each session. Call today to learn more about our upcoming children’s swimming lessons, call Mary Duke Connell, Aquatic Director, 896-3900 x132.
Polliwog, Jellyfish and Goldfish Swim Lessons
- January 18 - February 22
- 6 Sundays
- $75 Members / $85 Non-members
Infants (6 months – 2 years), Sundays
Polliwogs 4:30 - 5:00 pm
Join your infant in the pool for a water-adjustment class. Parent or guardian must be in the water with the child.
Toddlers (2 – 4 years) – Sundays
Jellyfish 4:00 – 4:30 pm / Goldfish 5:00 – 5:30 pm
- Jellyfish class. Join your toddler in the pool as he or she works on Level I skills in the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program. This class is for children who are not ready to take a class without a parent in the water.
- Goldfish class. Join your toddler in the pool as he or she reviews Jellyfish skills and continue refining their Level 1 skills. This class is for children who still need to work with a parent in the water.
Call today to learn more about our upcoming swim lessons, 896-3900 x132.
Adult lessons: Group and private lessons:
- February 16 - March 11
- $80 members / $90 non-members
Beginning and intermediate swimming lessons are offered several times throughout the year. You can also schedule one-on-one or private group lessons.
Mondays & Wednesdays
- Beginner Level
7:30 – 8:00 pm
- Intermediate Level
8:00 - 8:30 pm
To learn more about Adult Swim Lessons, call Mary Duke at (502) 896-3900 Ext. 132, or contact us online.