From sports bras to running shorts, finding workout gear for every athlete can be daunting. Between the various brands, styles or sport specific pieces, shopping can become overwhelming for guys and girls. We asked a few of our Milestone trainers and group exercise instructors what their current favorite brands and styles were to workout in and why. Certain pieces may be great for Pilates but not ideal for cycling or running. Let our staff help guide you in the right direction! Do you have a personal favorite workout brand or style?
Photo Courtesy of lululemon.com
Alex Ford (Pilates Instructor)
- Saucony Kinvaras are my fav running shoe! They are neutral and lightweight. Fabulous for running!
- Lululemon wonder under crops are my fav workout pant. They are comfy, stay put, and great for all types of workouts.
- Lululemon cool racerback is my fav workout tank. They are great for all types of workouts, comfortable, and come in a ton of colors and patterns.
- Lululemon tracker shorts are one of my favorite pairs of workout shorts. They are lightweight, breathable, and great for running.
- Lululemon in flux crop is one of my new favorites too. They are lightweight, cool, and super comfy!
Melanie Hubbs (Personal Trainer)
- I can’t stand to workout in full length pants. I HAVE to be in either Yoga pants or shorts. I really love Victoria’s Secret PINK brand for Yoga Pants
- Nike Tempo Shorts. I especially love my Alabama Nike Tempo shorts with the Houndstooth on the sides! ROLL TIDE!!
Amanda (Pilates Trainer & Fitness Coach)
- Lululemon Wunder Under Crops- great for Pilates! They stay put and breathe well.
- Lululemon Run Swiftly Tech Racerback- Keeps you dry while doing any activity
- Nike Studio Wrap- Great for Pilates mat classes or for use on the Pilates equipment. They provide traction with the barefoot feel!
Jeff Howard (Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor)
Mike Graham (Personal Trainer)
- Lululemon On the Mat Pant is great for teaching classes or going to and from the gym!
- Hoodies are a great go to especially with weather transitions. This Lululemon one is great in gray.
- Bright shoes are a must. Nike Free are my favorite running/training shoe right now.
- Hoka Running Shoes - Great support on my knees for outside runs!
- Polar Watch - Easy to keep track of my calories burned in my daily workouts.
- Lululemon Core Shorts
- Nike Cross Trainers for strength training