1. Write down your goals on a piece of paper you can look at every day.
2. Set measurable goals: with deadlines.
3. Set smaller goals to reach your bigger ones. Weekly workouts or runs to reach your marathon goal. Drink 8 glasses of water a day to boost metabolism for weight loss, etc.
4. Surround yourself with people that support you and your goals. You can't have negativity bringing you down.
5. Find a workout group, buddy, or trainer. Everyone needs accountability. I train with one of our trainers once a week.
6. Don't overwhelm yourself. Pick 3-5 goals for the year.
7. Miracles and dreams don't become reality overnight. It's the day-in day-out work that goes into something that when you finally reach it, that makes it great. Small changes make big differences.
You cannot beat the person that doesn't give up.
If one day isn't perfect, get back in the saddle and get going again.